All volunteer positions are full for 2017. It is the support of our volunteers that makes it possible for us to host the tournament. THANK YOU!
If you are interested in volunteering for 2018, please see the below descriptions of our volunteer teams. Then check this page in the Fall of 2017 for registration information.
Transportation (Drivers) - Full for 2017
- The transportation committee is responsible for providing transportation for all players, coaches, VIPs and umpires to and from the airport, motels, and the tournament site as needed.
- Volunteers for this committee must be 25 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, and a good driving record. A background check of your driving record will be conducted. Drivers should have good working knowledge of the area and routes to local airports and venues. Volunteers must possess the ability to remain professional at all times.
Ushers - Full for 2017
- Volunteers will work the main stadium and outside courts checking tickets and directing ticket holders to their seats. Ushers are also responsible for patron access into the main stadium, checking all tickets and credentials.
- Ushers must be at least 18 years of age and able to work in sun and heat. Must be able to stand for long periods of time if needed.
Greeters - Full for 2017
- Greeters will be our welcoming committee! Stationed at the main entrance to our site, these volunteers will welcome fans coming into the event. They will be handing out daily draw sheets and be the first person patrons see when walking into site. Greeters will need to be able to work in the sun and be on their feet for long periods of time. We are looking for smiling faces to help showcase our first class event that we are hosting in Houston.
Volunteers are asked to donate their time for a minimum of three shifts over the course of the week. Should you be able to volunteer more than that, we are glad to have you. Please note that once you have committed to the shifts we are counting on you so that things run smoothly. In exchange for your time, volunteers receive the benefits listed below:
- Appreciation Cocktail Gathering, both before and after the tournament.
- Polo Shirt and Tournament Hat
- Stadium Access, while not working, so you can watch tennis
- Volunteer of the Tournament Award: prizes to be awarded at Cocktail Gathering following the tournament