Calling all Ball Kids!
The 2017 US Men’s Clay Court Championship is only a few months away and once again River Oaks will be host to some of the best tennis players in the world. All new and returning ball kids are invited to be a part of our team. The dates for 2017 are April 10 – 16 and will also include qualifying weekend April 8 – 9.
It is important that all ball kids and their parents read the information below before committing to be a part of the team:
Ball Kid Requirements:
1. Must be 12 years of age or older.
2. Be willing or allowed to miss one day of school between April 10 – 14, 2017.
3. Be able to work 4 shifts between April 10 – 14, INCLUDING one day session.
4. Be able to work one shift between April 8 – 9, qualifying weekend.
5. Be present at 4 of the 6 scheduled practices below.
6. Be dressed in appropriate tennis attire for both practices and matches.
Ball Kid Skills:
1. Be physically able to stand/kneel for extended periods of time.
2. Be able to roll a tennis ball the entire length of a court, within a 4ft area.
3. Understand the rules and scoring of tennis.
4. Be a good listener.
5. Understand the role of a ball kid, in positions, nets and backs.
Practices are scheduled for Saturday from 3:00 – 4:30pm.
*Each child must attend four practices to be eligible to work the tournament.
Parents, to sign your child up to be a ball kid for this year’s tournament please click HERE
so that we can have your child added to the list. More information regarding ball kid details will be sent out in the beginning of December.
We look forward to having you a part of the team for the only professional tennis event in Texas!