2014 Ball Kids
The 2014 tournament is only a few months away and once again River Oaks will play host to some of the best tennis players in the world. All new and returning ball kids are invited to be a part of our team. The dates for 2014 are April 7 - 13 and will also include working qualifying weekend April 5 - 6.
It is important that ball kids and their parents read the information below before committing to be a part of the team:
Ball Kid Requirements:
1. Be between the ages 12 and 18 years old.
2. Be willing or allowed to miss one day of school between April 7 - 10, 2014.
3. Be able to work 4 shifts btween April 7 - 10, including one DAY SHIFT.
4. Be able to work one shift April 5 - 6, qualifying weekend.
5. Be present at 4 of the 6 scheduled practice sessions.
6. Be dressed in appropriate tennis attire for both practices and matches.
Ball Kid Skills
1. Be physically able to stand/kneel for extended periods of time.
2. Be able to roll a tennis ball the entire length of the court, within a 4ft area.
3. Understand the rules and scoring of tennis.
4. Be a good listener.
5. Understand the role of a ball kid, in positions, nets, and backs.
We look forward to having you be a part of the team for the only professional tennis event in Texas!